Tuesday 2 October 2012

MUA Going for Gold Palette - Review and Swatches

This is the Make Up Academy Going for Gold palette from Superdrug. It's normally £4 but was available for £3 yesterday. It was released for the Olympics and contains bronze, silver and shades along with some oranges and yellows and neutrals. It's a lovely palette and really reasonable for the price. There's ten shades here but sadly no shade names - just numbers. Top row is 1-5, bottom is 6-10. The texture of these shades is almost insanely soft, just placing a sponge applicator or a finger into the pan creates a lot of kicked-up product and a definite indentation in the product. This means it's a pleasure to swatch and play with though - and I can imagine these to be beautifully blendable. I have used these in a look today and really like them so may make a video out of it. I'm very sorry about the audio and visual being out of sync on my videos but iMovie is being a right pain so when I get a fix I will update what's happened.
 So here is the palette opened, you can see that there are two very bright colours in with a stack of neutrals. I have honestly never seen a colour like 5 before. It reminds me of sunflowers or egg yolks. In fact  - definitely egg yolk, a very very orange yellow with beautiful shimmer. There's one matte shade in this palette (6) which is majorly outperformed by the shimmers. As I was doing a look with the palette this evening I discovered that my original theory about its lovely application and blendabiity was spot on: it was honestly a pleasure to apply. They layer on beautifully and change colours as you layer them. 


Swatches after the jump!





This is my look that I made with these products. The lips (which I love) is MAC Rose pigment mixed with Yves Rocher Corail Sexy Pulp lipgloss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment