Wednesday 7 November 2012

FOTD: Sleek Respect iDivine Palette


This look was basically an excuse for me to test out the sampler of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation that I got the other day when I was in town. I also got a sample of their brand new Maestro foundation, but I think I might film using that because based on testing it out at the counter, I think it's going to be special!
Amazingly, my skin is absolutely awful today and I've managed to totally conceal it. I did this by first going over any red blemishes (there were quite a few) with Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Bedaub, a mint green which is great for cancelling out redness. I then went over this with the VERY pale Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 115. I don't know if this has always been too pale for me or if I have magically gone three shades darker, but this foundation (that I used to use a lot) was basically coming out white on me. However, I just wanted some extra coverage on my problem areas. After this I used the GA sample - which was very generous, I'll definitely get another few uses out of it - all over the face, dotting an extra layer on places I was worried about. It feels soft and pleasant on the skin and just melts in. It does seem to smell like emulsion paint, but given that my skin looks that THAT ^ I'll let it off.

Eyes are pretty fun today, using O'Jays and James Brown from the Respect palette. O'Jays was patted all over the lid and blended. I then ran James Brown through the crease and above nearing the browbone, blending a lot. To lighten the effect closer to the browbone I put a tiny amount of Urban Decay Half Baked on my blending brush as I blended it upwards, and dotted some of it into the inner corners of my eyes.

Lips are lots of balm (I'm dehydrated!) and a tiny amount of Chanel Rouge Allure in Lover, just enough to give my lips a little more pigment.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment